Handout #11 - Conditional Sentence Exercise

Fill in the blanks with a correct form of the verb in parentheses.  

a. If you ______________________(study) every day, your English will improve.

 b. If you___________________(study) every day, your English would improve.

c. If you ____________________(study) every day, your English would have improved.

d. If you_____________________(study) every day last semester, you would be getting an A right now.

 e. You ___________________(feel) happy if you found a new friend.

 f. If I had wings, I __________________(fly) away like a bird.

g. If it _______________(rain), it pours.

h. I______________________(visit) you later if you let me.

i. John_______________________(buy) a car last year if he had saved enough money.

 j. She_____________________(miss) him next week if he leaves.

 k. If I ______________________(sleep) more last night, I would feel better today.

 l. If he _________________(be) handsome, he would be a movie star.

 m. The policeman _____________________(stop) the driver if he had noticed the driver's speed.

 n. They would prepare a special dinner if he______________(be) coming.