Hand out#2(b): Clause Exercise

PRACTICE SENTENCES MADE FROM CLAUSES

English
J.K. Moran

Underline and identify the types of clauses in each of the following sentences.

a. We wanted to go home early; however, the teacher would not let us leave.
b. Mr. Simpson, who lives in Alhambra, is a lawyer in Los Angeles.
c. Unless you study hard, you will not earn a good grade.
d. This is the book that I bought for my friend.
e. I love my students; they hate me.
f. For Christmas, Mr. Lee bought his wife a Mercedes, which is an expensive car.
g. The students slept while the teacher talked.
h. Our teacher is an evil man; the police want to arrest him, consequently.
i. Every student who gives me one hundred dollars will receive an A.
j. Neither did I finish my homework, nor did I complete my housework.
k. The earthquake destroyed the house of a man who lives near me.
l. He loved her very much, but she would not marry him because he was poor.
m. This is a boring class; it is, in fact, the worst class in this college.
n. Mr. Martinez never won the lottery, although he bought a ticket every day.
o. Exercising daily will keep you healthy and make you attractive to the opposite sex.
p. If you want to become rich, you must work very hard.
q. I will not be happy until you kiss me .